Sunday, January 15, 2012

What makes items tip?

 

Have you ever wondered what makes some items more appealing than others? Why you turn out to be the person you are? Why teens start to smoke? Why yawns are contagious? Well, this book, "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell, talks all about that. It is very interesting. I never really understood what made things "tip" so to speak, and why some products spread better than others. I feel like this book would have been even better if I wanted to go into business because I could apply it to my job. Yet, I have nothing to apply it to. The book is just another way to help me understand why the world works the way it does. It pretty much just makes me mind blown and my brain hurt to see this is really how the world works.

On the bright side, this book is a really fast read. Gladwell uses informal diction throughout the book. He never tries to prove how educated he is through big words that nobody knows the meaning of. Instead, he gains credibility by using numerous facts, experiments and real life examples to prove his knowledge on the subject. All he uses are examples, examples, and more examples to get the reader to understand what he is talking about. He really wants to keep teach the reader. Throughout the book, you can tell that he is really passionate about the subject, which makes the book all the more enjoyable to read.

All in all, this book was really fantastic. I definitely recommend this book to anyone that wants to understand why things happen the way they do. He paints the picture in the reader's head as clearly as possible and really helps you to understand. If you are not satisfied just knowing that something happened, I would definitely recommend this book because it couldn't be any better written than it was. specially with a subject like this. So get your read on! READ READ READ!

No comments:

Post a Comment