Sunday, October 23, 2011

Scared My Pants Off!!

    Hey all!!! This MEA weekend was the most fear filled weekend I have been through in a long time. October is the time of year in which everything is changing. The leaves are changing colors, the weather is changing from cold to colder, the activities are changing from outside to inside, sports are changing from baseball, to football, my mindset is changing from alert to less alert. Personally, my favorite part about October is Halloween and the spooky decorations and creepy air about the world. This weekend, was no different then any other weekend getting ready for Halloween.
   My Friday night began with Valley Scare (if you haven't gone, I absolutely recommend it.) Saturday was the night I saw Paranormal Activity 3! This weekend I jumped a minimum of 98,936 times just during that movie and Valley scare. Okay, so that was an exaggeration, but still I am surprised I didn't break down and curl into a little ball, rock back and forth, and cry for my mommy as I was going through those mazes. Luckily, I am not one of those people to get nightmares or freaked out by paranormal entities or crazy clowns with chainsaws. Instead, I just get a rush of adrenaline, ready to fight back, well at least if I have a friend or two to back me up in case the insane clown wont stop chasing me with his chainsaw.

   This is what my friends and I looked like during the movie! The last fifteen minutes actually had me clenching my friend's hands so hard. One of my guy friends, who usually tries to be the tough guy, was hiding behind me during those last frightful minutes. That shows how scary the movie actually was! Honestly, the movie was nothing like the trailers, which is a huge bummer, but it was still really suspenseful, and I recommend it to anyone who wants to get their pants scared off!
  So, I kind of went off on a tangent about my weekend, but the way I spent my weekend is the way that October should be spent. The change of season, should be spent with a change of mind. Everyone should attempt to cross over the line of what they would normally do, not in a bad way, but just in a brave way. October should, along with being national cancer awareness month, be national be brave month and try something new. My warrant you ask? Well, this may not be a good proposal, but trying something new is necessary to be successful, and sometimes people need that extra push to try something new and be brave. This way, people will be encourages to be brave and step out of their safe little bubble. Nobody has to be brave, but the idea of October being the month of trying something new will hopefully encourage everyone to be different and live in the Halloween spirit, and the change that comes with October.

No comments:

Post a Comment