Sunday, December 11, 2011

Monster Jam

Alright, so yesterday I went to Monster Jam for the first time. It was probably one of the most entertaining shows that I have ever been too. Most of you probably have no idea what Monster Jam is. You're not alone! I didn't know what it was either until my dad said he got tickets to the event from work. He explained to me that it was a monster truck show. I know what you are thinking... pretty redneck huh? Well, that is exactly what I was thinking when I got there.
   I assume that that was the only people that would come to this show. Boy, was I wrong. There were people of all kind there. Big, small, short, tall, red, green, white, black, hairy, bald, ugly, pretty. Okay, you get the point! Anyway, tons of people came to the show, and I can absolutely see why: it was AMAZING!
    Not only did they have monster truck races, they also had ATV races, and freestyle competitions. There is always something to watch. The monster truck drivers are incredible! One of the drivers saved himself from flipping a few times. Yet, many atimes they couldn't stop the trucks from flipping, and the trucks got smashed, only a frame was left. Have no fear, the drivers are always fine because the show takes many precautions. Not to mention, the drivers all wear seatbelts, and big motorcycle helmets and the trucks are surprisingly safe, eventhough sometimes the truck completely falls apart after it flips.
     The races consist of only two trucks starting on opposite sides of the huge track, then they go off of the same jumps, just on different sides of the dome. Whoever crosses the line on their side first wins.
     It is really interesting what the trucks can do with only a mound of dirt and a few beat up cars. They do wheelies, and jump over cars. They catch so much air it is crazy! During the freestyle, one of the trucks ran right through an RV and destroyed it. There was barely even a scratch in the monster truck! I wonder how they got into this crazy business! I am scared for them! As one of my friends told me today, "you pay for the whole seat, and only use half of it!" They come back in January! If you have never gone, I absolutely recommend it!

INTENSITY!

I wish I could do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment