Sunday, September 11, 2011

Why I Write

HEY!! It is Heather again! Alright, so i write for many reasons! The main reason that I write is to understand my thoughts. This is the same reason as Joan Didion, and many other well recognized writers have. It is unbelievably easier for me to understand what is going on in my head if I write it all down or talk to someone that will listen. Yet, we all know that it is pretty tough to find someone that will listen through all that I have to say. When I write, I understand the thoughts that are going through my head a lot easier. There is just so much to think about that it is a lot easier to write it all down in somewhat of an organized fashion. I have so many thoughts that run through my head on a daily basis it is crazy to think that my head does not burst into a million pieces!!! For example, when someone asks me 'what's on your mind?" I am tempted to say you do not want to know! Instead, I list off like two or three of the tons of ideas on my mind!
   Another reason that I write is to get my mind off of whatever is bugging me. When I write, I get so engrossed in whatever it is that I am talking about, that I forget about the world around me! It is an amazing way to zone out the world! I can pass so much time just writing about whatever is going on in my life or my opinions about certain events going on in the world. When I am writing, it is like it is just me, my pen, and the paper.
  As I read the two essays, I found that I completely agreed with both of the writers points of view. I was especially fond of how George Orwell explained how everyone has a different reason to write, although they are all under the same broad categories. I totally believe that people write because of their past experiences, the attitude they have, and what they want for the future. Everyone's writing is influenced by these reasons too! Writing is a personal experience, no matter who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment