Saturday, September 24, 2011

IWHAT IS OUTRAGEOUS: Jim Crow Laws

    Good evening beings of the earth, space, and beyond! Pretty much anything with a computer! Alright, so I just read this crazy site that talks about the Jim Crow Laws! These laws are insane, I cannot believe that people actually abided by them, and some thought they were completely righteous. Personally, I know these laws are unbelievable and I question the sanity of anyone who willingly agreed and liked these laws. Segregation on the basis of skin color is inhumane. Honestly, this is pretty much as intelligent as segregating people based on the size of their feet. It is not like someone chooses to have huge feet or small feet! They just have to live with it, they can try and hide it by wearing shoes that either make their feet look bigger or smaller but it does not hide the fact that they have the six feet that they do.
   The entire issue of racism makes my brain hurt. I do not understand why people make such a big deal about different colored skin. I wish we were all colorblind and could see past the difference. Honestly, there is no bigger difference between a black and a white person compared to a white and a white person. I seriously think everyone needs to stop being judgemental and take people how they are and love them for them, no matter what the color of their skin is.
  I wonder what the average white person thought of these laws back in the 50"s and 60's. Did they think they were as outrageous as I do now? I guess back then racism was the norm, especially in the South, but still I think more white people should have stood up for others who were being discriminated against. All of these writers of the Jim Crow Laws need to get their heads out of their butts because they are not all that. Their idea of "white supremacy" should have ended way before slavery began, yet it didn't. That's why all of this happened because stupid white people have high egos. They ran out the Native Americans, then took Africans from their homelands, all because they thought they had a right because they were white. Well I have news for them, they should never have had that right because no one should ever think they are better than another person because of their race. That is as foolish as saying that I am better than anyone with blonde hair because I am a brunette and brunettes are better because they are. It is a logical fallacy!!!!!!!! AHH all of the arguments for the Jim Crow Laws are faulty! Their arguments use logical fallacies like arguments from authority and non-sequiturs. Their only real reason for these laws are that whites are better than people of color! That is completely outrageous! I want to know what people in the 50's and 60's were on because their reasoning is unbelievable.
   One of the Jim Crow Laws states that it is unlawful for white children to exchange books with negro children. Honestly?? What could possibly happen by sharing books. NO. The white children will not catch any deadly disease from the negro children. There is nothing wrong with the negro children. They are as good if not better than any white children. If the black people of the South were never given a chance. Maybe they would have become equal a lot sooner, instead of being held back from a chance at equality by these pathetic laws.
   The problem of racism still occurs today! I mean, not to this great of an extent, but discrimination still occurs. This needs to stop! Only you can help! haha I seem like a commercial to enlist in the army or something like that!! But seriously, stop any racism you see do not be a bystander because that is just as bad is being a bully. Well I am about to sign off for the night! I need to wake up at 6 am for a tournament! Wish me luck!! :) I will possibly tell you all how it goes if we do well! Stay classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment